Applying to colleges can be a major ordeal in the life of a teenager. How can you manage the stress so it doesn’t affect your performance in school and in writing all those college application essays? Here are 5 tips:
- Get Started Early – Don’t wait until the last second. You may think you work better under stress, but in reality, working under stress just creates more stress.
- Set Deadlines – To keep yourself from procrastinating (which leads to more stress), get a calendar and mark the dates you need to accomplish certain tasks in the application process. Some things, like acquiring the necessary letters of recommendation, may not be done on your schedule, so be sure to ask early.
- Brainstorm the Essay – There are plenty of articles that provide tips on how to write the perfect college admissions essay. Start with the research and the writing itself won’t be nearly as stressful.
- Good Communication – Speak about your applications with your family, teachers, school guidance counselor, and the admissions officer of school you are applying to if possible. The more people you get help from, the smoother the process will go.
- Connect with College Planning Source – College Planning Source is here to help you with both admissions and financial aid planning. From college applications support to workshops designed to help you understand the process from start to finish, we’re here to help. Call 858.676.0700 to learn more, or connect with us online.