How can you build a balanced list of colleges to apply to? We’re about to give 5 solid tips for making sure you know which schools should be on your list before you even begin the application process.
- Review your goals – What do you want from the college experience? Knowing your goals and what you want to get out of your education will help you to select schools that are geared toward meeting your needs.
- Research – Once you know what you are looking for, you can begin researching schools that offer the right programs, financial aid, post-graduation opportunities, and other features that meet up with your plans.
- Visit – Head to as many of the schools on your list as possible. This will help you to eliminate some of those schools based on what you see in person, and it will move some of the remaining schools to the top of the list.
- Narrow the list – You can’t apply to 100 schools. If you can narrow your list to 10 to 15 schools at a maximum, you won’t have to spend your entire high school experience writing college admissions essays.
- Create a ranking system – Remember that you are going to want to apply early to your favorite schools. Coming up with your own ranking system rather than relying on commercialized ones can help you to see which schools are best for you.
More Tips for College Admissions Planning
Don’t forget to check out our college admission planning blog for more tips and tricks for applying to and financing your college experience. College Planning Source is your Southern California partner for planning ahead. Call us today at 858.676.0700 or submit the contact form to learn more.