Since just about all of the UC (University of California) campuses use a waitlist process for managing enrollment and transfers (Merced is the one exception), there are a few things that UC students need to know. Here is a quick FAQ:
- Is there still time to accept my waitlist invitation for this fall? No, unfortunately, May 15 was the last day for accepting waitlist invitations for the fall 2019 semester.
- When will I receive the decision regarding my admission? While campuses can send you an admissions decision as soon as they want, few schools will issue a decision before June 1. If you have not heard back by July 31, you should definitely contact someone since the decision should be received before then.
- When will I hear back about financial aid? Each campus has its own policy. As a result, you won’t hear back by the time you receive your waitlist invitation. However, a key factor in receiving assistance is having the FASFA submitted on time. In recent years, the state deadline is March 2 and the federal deadline is June 30.
- Can I appeal the decision? The only schools that allow an appeal are Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, Merced, and Irvine.
- When will I hear back about my appeal? Santa Cruz will respond by June 4. Santa Barbara will respond by June 15. All other schools have until June 30.
College Admissions and Financial Planning in California
College Planning Source in San Diego is here to help you with college admissions support and financial planning in southern California. Contact us today by calling 858.676.0700 to learn more, or you can connect with us online.