Is your family trying to figure out how to send one or more kids to college without being in debt forever? College Planning Source can help! Our experienced financial advisors take an 8-step approach to help you maximize the amount of free money for college that your family can obtain.
- Initial assessment – We need to understand your family’s current financial situation.
- Calculate your EFC – This is your expected family contribution – the amount the government feels your family should be able to contribute toward college expenses.
- Try to reduce your EFC – Sometimes, it is possible to bring this number down by reviewing your current situation and the ever-changing laws.
- Evaluate expenses – Next, we estimate how much each student can expect to spend.
- Review household expenses – Is there any way to reduce expenses to fund college without going into debt?
- Review life expenses – College isn’t the only major expenses families face. Will you need a new car soon? Does the family home require maintenance?
- Check your retirement plan – You shouldn’t be broke during your golden years to get your kids through college.
- Strategic planning – Now, we make everything work together for your family so that retirement planning, college funding, and other household needs can come together in an affordable manner.
Helping Families Meet Their Current and Future Financial Needs
Get started today by contacting College Planning Source at 858.676.0700. You can also begin your journey by requesting an assessment online.