With less than 2 months before college application season begins, here’s a pre-season checklist for rising seniors to complete before you start applications this summer!
- Narrow down a list of majors that you’re interested in
- Research colleges to narrow down some “best-fit” colleges
- Create a balanced list of colleges (both for admissions and funding) – click here for more info on creating a balanced list of colleges.
- Decided on your 1st and 2nd choice majors for each of the colleges that you intend to apply to
- Create a list of all your extracurricular activities, honors, awards. Write captive descriptions for each of them.
- Outline the type of application that each of the colleges use.
- Determine the applications requirements outside of the application itself (test scores, letters of recommendations, etc.)
- Look up how many essays you’ll need to write.
- Create a calendar of what you’ll need to complete, by when and make sure you give yourself enough time for multiple essay revisions and finalizing the applications.
- Start outlining your essay ideas
If you’re looking for help with this process, please schedule a college planning assessment today!