Choosing the right college is going to be one of the biggest decisions you will ever have to make. So how can you be sure that you are choosing the best school for you? Here are 5 suggestions for selecting the right colleges to apply to.
- Determine your priorities – Make a list of things that you absolutely require from a school and then the things that are wants but not needs. This will allow you to prioritize your list by getting rid of schools that don’t meet all of your needs but moving ones that also meet your wants up the list.
- Visit the school – Getting your feet on the ground and visiting the campus is a great way to get a real feel for the school. There are some things you just won’t get from the brochure and website.
- Financial aid comparisons – This may help you to know which schools you can actually afford, which will have to be a major determining factor.
- Job opportunities – Some schools are better about placing students in careers, and even within that bracket you may want to find out how good they are about presenting job opportunities in your chosen career.
- Know your goal – You need to have at least some idea of where you want to end up. That will allow you to choose schools that are most likely to guide you along your chosen path. Knowing your major can really help since schools often specialize in certain departments.
Your Source for All Your College Planning Needs
At College Planning Source, we help students through all of the aspects of getting from high school to college. That means assistance with both financial planning as well as applications support. To learn more, call us at 858.676.0700 or submit the contact form.