If you are the parent of a high school student who is planning on achieving higher education at a public or private university, you must attend our workshops and watch our ON Demand videos. Check out their descriptions below.
“How to Minimize Your Out of Pocket Costs and Maximize Your Student’s Admission Options”
At this 75 minute community workshop, we will discuss the financial aid process, formula factors, scholarships, funding options, admissions and all other information you will need to understand in order to receive the maximum amount of financial aid, minimizing your out-of-pocket costs and help your student get into the colleges of their choice. Even if your family is not eligible for need-based aid, we will explain the best strategies on how to pay for college on the most tax-efficient basis – without putting a strain on the rest of your finances.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to increase your tax deductions and tax credits.
- How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages.
- How to get your student into their top choice schools.
- Which assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Department of Education calculates your Family Contribution.
- How to pay for college in a volatile economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or depleting your retirement accounts.
- How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family.
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school.
These community workshops are offered at locally here in San Diego. They are FREE and the knowledge you will gain is PRICELESS. There is a limited seating capacity so reserve your seats now. Check our Local Workshops list to REGISTER for informational workshop today!
These classes will be taught by Michelle Mai, one of our nation’s top college planning experts. While this workshop is 100 percent free, the knowledge you’ll gain is invaluable. There is a limited seating capacity. Subscribe to the corresponding workshop below to reserve your seats now.
Student Development and Admissions – with Special Guest Speakers
At this 75 min workshop, we’ll discuss what you and your child need to know and plan for throughout high school in order to maximize their college application and admissions process.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to accentuate your student’s profile while giving them experience to help with their professional goals
- How to develop a strategy throughout high school to help your student maximize their college admission options
- How to pick colleges that will give you the best scholarships
- How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family
We will also have a special guest coming to speak, Xinia Nilipour, whose daughter now attends a top tiered university and son attends a competitive San Diego high school. She will share her experience with College Planning Source and give a parent’s perspective on:
- How parents can best support their student through this stressful period
- Recognizing your student’s strengths and weaknesses
- Devising a strategy to facilitate your student’s success in the college admissions process